Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What About a Halo MMORPG/FPS?

Gamebreaker TV has a fun mash-up of two podcaster/blogger types. During one of their recent episodes, one of the hosts suggested that the Titan project listed in the Blizzard corporate leak is a reference to Halo, because apparently the original company that was going to create the Halo MMO called the project "Titan".

Other lasting rumors about the next Blizzard MMO suggest that it will be an FPS.

So, pretending that the next Blizzard MMO is going to be based on Halo, and will be FPS, would I play a Halo MMOFPS game?

I really don't see why not. Especially if Blizzard is behind it. And if they have taken any cues from Tabula Rasa and Hellgate: London, they might present a very fun and engaging game.

The FPS aspects of Tabula Rasa and Hellgate: London were exactly what I needed. Up until those games came along, my FPS experience was pretty much non-existent. And being able to choose melee as well was icing on the cake.

No one can say outside of Blizzard staff what they intend to present with their upcoming MMO, but I think I could play a Halo MMOFPS, even though I haven't really played a Halo game. I've gone a few rounds with a buddy of mine, but I've never played through the story. But what I don know about the lore, there is a lot to share with the fans and a whole lot more left to be written.

No comments: